What Is My Proof of Insurance?
Say good-bye to paper! Get your insurance documents and pink slips for home, auto and business from your insurance provider over email and save them to your computer or mobile device.
- Access your insurance documents and pink slips anytime, anywhere — even offline.
- No user names, no passwords, no hassle.
- Bank-grade security to protect personal information.
How-To get your Pink Slips and insurance documents
Step 1: Ask to have your insurance documents sent by email with My Proof of Insurance.
Step 2: Open your My Proof of Insurance email and save the attached documents to your computer, tablet or smartphone. Click the button to store your auto insurance card in your smartphone’s mobile digital wallet.
Step 3: Your smartphone allows you to lock your screen when displaying your auto insurance card, restricting access to other apps personal information, and blocking notifications of calls and text messages.
About Mobile Digital Wallets
Mobile digital wallets are smartphone apps that serves as an electronic version of a physical wallet – they are simple to use and available on Apple, Android and Windows smartphones.
With My Proof of Insurance, you can store auto insurance cards in your digital wallet alongside credit and debit cards, loyalty cards, event tickets, and boarding passes.
Common Digital Wallets
Standard on iPhones running iOS 6 or higher. (Pre-Installed)
Available for free in Google Play store for devices running Android 3.0 or higher.
Available for free in Google Play store for devices running Android 4.0.3 or higher.
Your smartphone allows you to lock your screen when displaying your auto insurance card, restricting access to other apps, personal information, and blocking notifications of calls and text messages.
Here’s how to set it up:
- To enable screen locking, go to Settings → General → Accessibility → Guided Access, and turn on Guided Access.
- Go to Passcode Settings to set your passcode and enable/disable Touch ID.
(For iPhone X, you may enable/disable Face ID).
- Follow the instructions on your screen to use Guided Access and lock your screen at any time.
- To enable screen locking, navigate to Screen Pinning (also known as Pin Windows) in your phone’s settings. The location of Screen Pinning/Pin Windows in settings will vary between phone model and Android version. Common locations include:
- Settings → Security
- Settings → Personal Security
- Settings → Security & Location
- Settings → Lock Screen & Security
- Turn on Screen Pinning/Pin Windows, and activate the option to require passcode/unlock pattern before unpinning.
- Follow the instructions on your screen to use Screen Pinning/Pin Windows and lock your screen at any time.
Locking feature removed from Windows phones as of software update version 1703 released in April 2017.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is My Proof of Insurance?
My Proof of Insurance allows you to receive your insurance documents for home, auto and business from your insurance provider over email and save them to your computer, mobile device or digital wallet.
You can easily store your electronic auto insurance card (eSlip) in your smartphone’s digital wallet.
- What kinds of insurance documents can I receive through My Proof of Insurance?
You can receive any type of document currently issued from your insurance provider for home, auto and business – even your auto insurance card.
- Is My Proof of Insurance available for all types of vehicles (e.g. motorcycles, trucks)?
Yes, it can be used for all types of vehicles.
- How do I receive my documents?
You will receive an email from My Proof of Insurance with your policy documents attached. If an auto policy is attached, you will also receive a link to add your auto insurance card to your smartphone’s digital wallet.
- What if I don’t have a smartphone?
You can still enjoy the convenience of receiving insurance policy documents by email through My Proof of Insurance, and saving them to your computer or tablet for future access.
- Can I use my electronic auto insurance card in place of the paper copy?
Approval for electronic auto insurance cards can vary between provinces and territories. Contact your insurance provider for details.
- Do I still need a paper copy of my pink slip?
It is still the law to have proof of auto insurance in the vehicle at all times, whether in paper or electronic format. Drivers are required by law to show proof of auto insurance to a police officer when asked.
- Will I still get a paper pink slip? Is it being eliminated?
The Government has built in a one-year transition period for insurance companies to continue providing policyholders with paper proof of insurance regardless of whether they choose to leverage it electronically.
Policyholders who choose to receive an electronic auto insurance card always have the option of also requesting a paper version.
- How do I access my electronic auto insurance card?
Simply open your smartphone’s digital wallet and select your auto insurance card to view.
- Can I share my electronic auto insurance card to others, such as if a friend or family member uses my vehicle with consent?
Yes. Using the share pass functionality on the digital wallet allows you to easily share your electronic auto insurance card with other drivers who also have a smartphone.
- Is My Proof of Insurance secure?
Yes. All My Proof of Insurance emails are sent using secure Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption, and auto insurance cards are stored using digital wallet technology trusted by all major Canadian banks.
- I am concerned about my Privacy. Will anyone who is viewing the electronic auto insurance card be able to access other information or content on my smartphone? I.e. Police Officer.
Your smartphone allows you to lock your screen when displaying your auto insurance card, restricting access to other apps, personal information, and blocking notifications of calls and text messages. Visit https://www.myproofofinsurance.ca/#privacy to learn how to lock the screen on your device.
However, it is still the responsibility of the driver in question to enable the screen lock function and make sure personal information is protected.
- How much does My Proof of Insurance cost?
- Why is it free?
My Proof of Insurance is funded jointly by insurance providers across Canada as a single, unified solution to send consumers their home, auto and business insurance policy documents, including auto insurance cards, electronically.
- What if my phone isn’t working or I have no data, do I need the internet?
Your mobile device is your responsibility and any risk that may arise. Drivers must ensure they can show proof of auto insurance. If you use an electronic insurance card on your mobile device to show proof of insurance, regardless of potential issues with a mobile device such as poor cellular service, drained batteries or damaged screens. This includes during inspections of the electronic insurance card.
Make sure to download your eslip to your digital wallet, you can access it anytime, anywhere — even offline. There is no internet or data connection required.
- What about when I am driving in different provinces or the USA?
The requirements for showing proof of auto insurance outside of Ontario could be different.
Some Provinces have been using digital pink slips for many months now. We encourage you to check in with the province you are travelling to prior to leaving home with only your digital pink slip.
Drivers are encouraged to contact our brokers at AIB with any questions about proof of auto insurance before driving outside of the province.
- I’m sold. How do I get it?
My Proof of Insurance is made available to consumers through their insurance provider. Contact your provider to have insurance documents sent electronically with My Proof of Insurance.
- I did not get my digital copy of my pink slip, what should I do?
Simply send an email to email@example.com stating Digital Pink Slip Request in the subject line and we will be sure to send you your pink slip ASAP!
Social distancing and paperless activities made easy!
We have the ability to accept payment, provide pink slips and provide policy documents electronically. We also execute documents through electronic signatures without a need to attend our office.
For inquires, please use one of the following contact methods:
or Call us: (705) 949-6555